From the Health Coach: 5 Tips for 5 Weeks!
A few weeks ago, I attended a women’s event where a health coach spoke and I honestly thought, ‘What could this lady possibly say that I don’t know already?’ Well, I was surprised. I’ve put into practice three of her five tips (#’s 1, 3, and 4) and have actually felt a difference. I asked Lisa Roberts if she’d highlight those same five tips on the blog today so please read on and enjoy!
Has January gotten away from you and your ever elusive New Year’s goal to start eating healthy? Perhaps the reason so many New Years resolutions fail is because they are too big and too broad to really allow for sustainable change in our busy lifestyles! I am a true believer that small changes can yield big results for someone who is looking to create a healthier lifestyle. Below you will find five action items that you can execute over the next five weeks that will allow you to not only feel like you are living a healthier lifestyle but you will physically feel the difference as well!
5 Tips for 5 Weeks:
- Water: Instead of focusing on the amount of water you think you should be drinking, focus on two times of day you could drink water. Upon waking in the morning, drink a large glass of room temperature water to rehydrate after 8 to 12 hours without any water. In addition, dehydration can show up as hunger. So whenever you feel hungry, drink approximately 8 ounces of water. Wait 20 to 30 minutes and if you are still hungry, then have a snack!
- Eat breakfast every morning: It truly is the most important meal of the day! Kick-start your metabolism for the day and fuel your engine first thing in the morning. On average, individuals who consume breakfast weigh less and eat less throughout the day.
- Reduce consumption of sugar: There are over 60 names for sugar and they are found in every packaged and processed food. Become a label detective and reduce the amount of sugar you consume on a daily basis.
- Eat a raw food with every meal: The majority of meals in the standard American diet are cooked and, therefore, lacking in naturally occurring digestive enzymes. These enzymes are found in raw foods. It can be as simple as adding an apple or banana to your breakfast.
- Find the JOY in fueling your body like it belongs to someone you love! Your body was designed to enjoy real whole foods. True joy can be found in nourishing your body with exactly what it was designed to be fueled by.
Interested in a healthier nutritional foundation and a more sustainable lifestyle? Enjoy a free 30 minute consultation with me to discuss which of my coaching programs may be a good fit for you!