Self-Care Boat: The Instructions
CAPTAIN MERRILL STUBING AND HIS CREW WELCOME YOU ABOARD THE SELF-CARE BOAT!
We are so excited to have you join us on the Self-Care Boat this summer and cannot wait to see what big changes will happen when we take little steps for our health every day. Below are some important details for your cruise:
1) You will be staying on the Promenade Deck in Cabin # Whatever Your Address Is. It will be absolutely lovely (and convenient).
2) E-mail will be delivered on the ship every other Monday throughout the summer.
3) Your email will include a short inspiration and one self-care activity to put into practice for the two week period between mail deliveries.
4) Please send postcards! Let us know how it’s going for you and stay in touch so we can feel like we’re in this together. Take pictures (especially if you’re really on a vacation, please!) and post them on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #selfcareboat and/or #releasity. You can also leave comments at the Releasity blog (www.joymast.com/blog). We want to hear from everyone so please check in!
5) Have fun!!! Every time you do a self-care activity, know that you are joining over 70 other women who are choosing to take the high road with you! Get a friend to join you and take one small step each day toward a healthier way of living. You’ll always be glad you did!
This Fortnight’s Self-Care Activity: Pour Yourself a Drink!
Drink (at least) a 16 oz. glass of water when you first wake up!
There are lots of benefits to drinking water FIRST THING in the morning but here are a few:
- You’ve been sleeping for 7-8 hours and are dehydrated! Hydrate, baby, hydrate!
- It can rev up your metabolism. Does it get any easier than that?
- Water flushes out toxins in your body and who wants toxins when you are sailing on the sea? Not me!
So, get drinking and let us know how it goes! If you’re already drinking a tall glass of water when you wake up, find a way to take it up a notch. Drink more water when you feel thirsty or do another self-care activity and tell us about it so we can add it to our menu for another week.
If you have any questions, I can be found relaxing on the Aloha Deck (or you can just email me…).
With warmest wishes for smooth sailing,
Joy Mast, Cruise Director